Monday, August 22, 2011

Lindsay's Chevron Throw

I wanted to make a chevron blanket for my sister-in-law, Lindsay, for her birthday, and so I based one off of this Berroco pattern called Madrid.

However, I didn't want that much color so I stuck with Berroco Comfort  (acrylic & nylon) in Hackberry Heather & Ivory and I modified it to 4" wide stripes. The pattern states to work in the back loop of each stitch, which gives it this amazing & visible texture.

Some tricks that I learned along the way:
  • TRUST the pattern. Especially on the downslope. It doesn't seem like it will line up, but it all works out in the end.
  • Always count your stitches, 9 up & 9 down. 
  • At the end of each row and section, I chained one in the working color and then started the new color with my sc in the next stitch.


I love how it turned out!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...